dissabte, 10 de gener del 2009

MY TOWN.



I live in Fortia, a little town situated in Catalonia. Concretly in Girona's province, between Figueres and Empuriabrava. Fortia has got around 600 inhabitants. Few years ago we knew all the people but now there are a lot of people who I don't know. Some of them only come to my town on holiday and they come from Barcelona and France. Also, there weren't so many bad people and life in the village was more peacful than now. Fortia has got a school, a theatre, a basketball court, a park, a football ground, a swimmingpool, two shops, a bar... I don't live in the town center but I only have to walk ten minutes to arrive there.
There is a group of young people who made things for the village. For example: They do the three kings, prepare parties, the carnaval... They give life to the town. I think that when I am 18 years old I'll be with them. It's important because if nobody do anything, it will be a disaster and Fortia'll end up disappearing. I have got some friends who live in the same town like me and they think that the village is pathetic and always go out of it to other places.
Maybe in the future I'll continue living in Fortia because is quiet, or I'll go to Girona because it's a "big" city but there aren't too many people like in Barcelona, but you have everything you need.